With the upcoming changes to some browsers early in 2020, some customers running either Dynamics NAV or Business Central will require their systems to be patched.
This change affects federated authentication flows and cross-domain hosting scenarios when using these browsers, which means it can potentially affect users’ ability to connect to Business Central or Dynamics NAV in one or more of the following situations:
- When using the Dynamics NAV or Business Central Outlook Add-In.
- Dynamics NAV or Business Central as a SharePoint app.
- Dynamics NAV or Business Central is using Azure Active Directory authentication.
- Dynamics NAV or Business Central is embedded in an iframe as part of another web site.
The following browsers will be affected:
- Google Chrome (major version 80, currently scheduled for release on February 4th, 2020)
- Microsoft Edge (as an update at the same time or later than Google Chrome version 80)
Other browsers may adopt similar cookie policies. in the future.
To prevent disruption, Microsoft recommends that you upgrade the platform for your version of Dynamics NAV or Business Central to an update listed in the following table, or a later update. If your deployment is already running on one of these updates or later, then no action is required. However, we recommend that you test your deployment with any available pre-release versions of the impacted browsers, such as Chrome 80 Beta.
|Version||Minimum recommended update|
|Dynamics NAV 2015||61|
|Dynamics NAV 2016||49|
|Dynamics NAV 2017||36|
|Dynamics NAV 2018||23|
|Dynamics 365 365 Business Central Fall 2018||13|
|Dynamics 365 Business Central Spring 2019||06|
|Dynamics 365 Business Central 2019 Release Wave 2||15.1|
Further information on this change can be found on Microsoft’s web site here.
If you need more information, please feel free to contact us on 01628 610900.