Insightsoftware have announced the general availability of Jet Version 20.4.
This FREE upgrade to Version 20.4 (for customers with paid support) features enhancements to report scheduling and introduces performance improvements and new capabilities to Jet Budgets.
Highlights of this release include:
• Enhancements to the new Report Scheduler
• Simplified budget management and ownership
• A new read-only budget viewer user type
For more information, check out the What’s New Summary
Additional Product Announcements:
• The Jet Reports Microsoft Excel add-in has been updated for compatibility with Microsoft’s TLS 1.2 update to their Microsoft Dynamics 365 Cloud API. Customers running Jet Reports 20.3 or earlier, or older versions of Windows that do not support TLS 1.2, will not be able to connect to Business Central after updating to 2019 release wave 2. To resolve this connection issue, please ensure that you have installed the latest release of Jet Reports or that you have applied the maintenance release of Jet Reports 20.3 Build 20.3.19276.1.
• Microsoft retired the legacy development tool C/SIDE and development language C/AL in Business Central wave 2, replacing them with a more modern solution. Customers using a wave 2 on-premises deployment must complete the steps outlined in this Knowledge Base article to ensure continued connectivity to Jet Reports. This will help you replace the C/Al unit with a new AL unit. There are no known performance issues at this time.